12 Beers of Christmas-Day 5 (Muskoka Brewery, Winter Beard)

Photo credit-Muskoka Brewery website

Photo credit-Muskoka Brewery website

I’m going back to my roots with this next one; a beer brewed in the province I’m from and in one of my most favourite places in the entire world, Muskoka. Winter Beard, Muskoka Brewery’s seasonal beer is a smooth creamy double chocolate cranberry stout at a whopping 8% ABV. There’s nothing that screams winter warmer more than notes of rich chocolate and cranberry in your beer

Winter Beard is brewed with actual cocoa and bitter (70%) chocolate, fresh and locally harvested cranberries and roasted dark chocolate malts to give it a rich deep colour. It has a silky mouthfeel with just ever so subtle cranberry undertones and a pleasant cocoa bitterness in the finish. It comes packaged nicely in a large corked bottled, is great for an after dinner night-cap, or as a gift for that beer lover in our life. On second thought, keep it for yourself…you’ll thank me after you take one sip! Enjoy Winter Beard in a nice snifter style glass and at a cool, not cold temperature.

‘Tis the season to indulge in rich, creamy and chocolately beer!

-Cheers!

Leave a Reply

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture