Shop the Neighbourhood-Craft Beer Edition

In celebration of the Yellow Pages Shop the Neighbourhood initiative on November 29, I have put together a compilation of my favourite  shops in my hood, Inglewood (formerly the Brewery Flats) in Calgary, AB as well as a couple within the core of the city. Each shop will have a perfect gift for you to give that beer lover in your life for the holidays.

Zyn

Credits-Zyn.ca

Credits-Zyn.ca

Zyn, situated just next to the old Calgary Brewery off of 9th Avenue has always been known for their expansive array of not just wine but beer. The sales staff are extremely knowledgeable about the products and can always suggest the perfect beer (or wine) for a gift or to pair with any meal. Zyn’s wall of beer has just recently expanded and they’ve brought in some new labels such as Stone Brewing Company (Escondido, CA) and Ninkasi Brewing (Eugene, OR). Check out the diverse selection of beer for your holiday dinner or as a gift for the beer lover in your life.

Kent of Inglewood

Credits-plus.google.com

Credits-plus.google.com

This new vendor to the hood is known for their selection of fine shaving items but they also carry a small selection of bar equipment such as glassware and tools. Since I believe that every good beer should be served in fine glassware, they have a perfect set (also sold individually) of stainless steel beer glasses for that beer lover that has everything! They are produced by a Japanese company, Yahi Wa, and there are three different sizes ranging in prices from $58 to $68. This will take beer drinking to a whole new level when sipping on a festive beer in front of the fire over the holidays.

17th Ave Liquor Boutique

Credits-beatroute.ca

Credits-beatroute.ca

Brand new to 17th Avenue in downtown Calgary, this shop is excited to launch in just a couple weeks. Look forward to their craft beer growler fill station, ready just in time for the holidays and perfect for the last minute shopper out there. Growlers are a great host gift!

Last Best Brewing & Distillery

Credits-Lastbestbrewing.com

Credits-Lastbestbrewing.com

One of Calgary’s newest breweries, Last Best, owned and operated by Bear Hill Brewing Company, has been housed in the former Brew Brothers digs in the Beltline for nearly a year now. Last Best is available on tap at select establishments across the city such as Craft Beer Market, National Beer Hall and Beer Revolution just to name a few.

Support your local business owners by shopping at these vendors and many more to satisfy your craft beer needs over the holidays and beyond!

Cheers!