Calgary Craft Has Tons To Celebrate!

As summer comes to a close and we all desperately look back at the good memories, warm weather and refreshingly cold beer, most of us forget all that fall and winter will have to offer us…you got it, a plethora of beer events, collaborations and warmer, toastier beer notes to warm us in the cold climate. As an Ontario to Alberta transplant, I’ve been so thankful to experience all that Calgary craft breweries have to offer, especially in the fall and winter months. The craft beer industry seems to pick back up again, and it’s back to business. There are a few exciting collaborations and events that I’m particularly looking forward to enjoying over the coming months and I hope you are too. Check out these exciting things planned!

Village & Dandy Collaboration: Launched September 8 @ YYC Craft Beer Market

Screen shot 2015-09-09 at 9.18.54 PM

Calgary community favourite, Village Brewery, set out on a mission with craft brewery newbie, Dandy Brewing Company, to collaborate on a Tarte Saison, perfect to close out the summer and slowly drift into fall. This collaboration is a marriage of summer and fall notes, with the apricot and pineapple nose reminiscent of warm summer afternoons at the lake, and the pepper notes will make you look forward to a brisk fall breeze. The relationship that these two breweries have developed over the past year or so is evident in the well-meshed and balanced brew they produced. Though this is the first time these two have collaborated, I sure hope it won’t be the last. Go grab a pint of this at Craft Beer Market before it’s all gone!

First Alberta Beer Week: September 25-October 3

Screen shot 2015-09-09 at 9.20.27 PM

What a better way to celebrate great craft beer across this province than to spend an entire week doing so! Launched by the Alberta Small Brewers Association, they are excited to announce the first ever Alberta Beer Week. The official kick-off to Alberta Beer Week will be at the 2015 Calgary Oktoberfest and closes at the 2015 Edmonton Oktoberfest. Some highlights to look forward to Alberta Beer Week:

  • Official pre-party at Willow Park Wine & Spirits on September 24
  • Big Rock Brewery’s 30th Birthday Bash on September 26
  • Total Alberta tap takeover at Beer Revolution throughout the week in Calgary & Edmonton

These and many other events in coordination with breweries that are members of the Alberta Small Brewers Association to be announced soon!

Big Rock Brewery’s 30th Birthday Bash

e-blastbirthdaybash_0

As part of the first Alberta Beer Week September 25-October 3, Calgary legend, Big Rock Brewery, will be celebrating their 30th birthday in style! The brewery has invited EVERYONE, and better yet there will be free brewery tours all day where you can see where the magic really happens, a farmers market with fresh-baked goods and antique beauties, live music, eats from yycfoodtrucks and Big Rock Grill, and sooooo much more! For more dets about this fine event check out their website.

Enjoy celebrating all things craft, but remember, no matter the time of year or the season, find time to celebrate your local breweries!

Cheers!